Certified Hypnotist, Consulting Hypnotist & **Certified Hypnotherapist:
A membership for professional certified hypnotists, certified consulting hypnotists & **certified hypnotherapists.
The initials used are CH.
A non-professional membership for those with a general interest in hypnotism.
No initials are used from this type of membership.
A certified member who has successfully completed the NGH Train The Trainer program, and teaches the NGH Hypnotism Certification course.
The initials used is CI
Certified Master Instructor:
A certified instructor who teaches the NGH Train The Trainer program.
The initials used is CMI
For the BCH Preparation Booklet & Application Click Here!
- Applicant must be an active member of NGH at the Certified level for a minimum of 0ne (1) year.
- Must write a minimum 1000 word hypnosis paper suitable for publication in the Journal of Hypnotism or Hypno-Gram.
- Must be in active practice or using hypnotism as an adjunct to another profession for a minimum of one (1) year.
- Must be of good moral/ethical character, with no criminal record, and meet the educational standards of the NGH.
- Must pass a written examination.
- Must complete an oral interview.
- Must submit two written character references (non-family).
Initials used for this designation are BCH.
- Must be Board Certified for three (3) years.
- Must be in active practice for three (3) years.
- Must be an active member of the NGH for four (4) years.
- Must be published in one or more of he following: book, video, newspaper, magazine, or other media approved by the Board.
- Must write a 5000-word thesis on a clinical hypnosis subject suitable for publication in the Journal of Hypnotism or Hypno-Gram.
- Must submit a video conducting an hypnosis session (clinical, not metaphysical.)
Initials used for this designation are FNGH.
The Diplomate designation is conferred by the NGH Certification Board members on the basis of an individual’s longevity in the profession, contributions and service to the profession, and excellence as a professional hypnotist. All candidates are submitted by the Board members only, and are confirmed by a majority vote of the Board.
Initials used for this designation are DNGH.
Order of Braid Council:
The Order of Braid designation is the centerpiece of the NGH Awards System and recognizes a lifetime of outstanding achievement, dedication, and service.
Initials used for this designation are OB.